Subject: Re: 23.0.96; font rendering issue on Mac OS X

From: Greg Jednaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:30:32 -0400

On Jul 15, 2009, at 10:55 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

>
> On Jul 14, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Greg Jednaszewski wrote:
>
>> Thanks for taking a look and making a fix.  I'd be happy to test  
>> it, but I haven't been building it myself.  I've been grabbing the  
>> pretests from here:
>> http://porkrind.org/emacs/
>>
>> If you can provide a build or point me at some instructions on how  
>> to build it myself, I'll verify the fix.
>
> Hi,
>
> Er, I'm not sure if the porkrind CVS snapshots are coming from the  
> branch or the trunk.  If trunk, you would need to build yourself --  
> just './configure --with-ns ; make ; make install' to make a self- 
> contained app under nextstep/ , but you would have to have the OS X  
> dev tools installed.

I think the porkrind nightly builds are the trunk, so  I checked out  
the source like this:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email-masked]:/sources/emacs co -r  
EMACS_23_1_RC emacs

The configure and build went smoothly:
GNU Emacs 23.0.96.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.7.0, NS apple-appkit-949.46)  
of 2009-07-16 on osiris.local

The fonts are rendered correctly.  The change you made seems to have  
done the trick.  Thanks again.

Greg