Subject: bug#38320: Cuirass: Allow to use authenticated Git repositories as inputs

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 16:36:57 +0100

Hi everyone,

Whoo, nice, thank you so much Mathieu!  I'll test everything this
week-end probably, and start working on the (guix git) / Cuirass
counterpart (which is 1% of the work :D).

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

> Now regarding (guix git) integration, I have a question. It would be nice
> to have "guix pull" and Cuirass support ssh authenticated
> directories.

Indeed :)  Almost there!

> So "latest-repository-commit" could be call with ssh authentication
> parameters. However, the guix-daemon won't be able to communicate with the
> user ssh-agent, and storing an unencrypted private ssh key in the store
> doesn't feel great to me.
>
> Do you see any workaround?

As far as I understand, LATEST-REPOSITORY-COMMIT is never called by the
daemon, it downloads stuff first and then calls ADD-TO-STORE.  So both
using the SSH agent or passing a private SSH key should be
straightforward.

Clément