Subject: Re: bug#38294: [PATCH] Handle killing of virtual buffers in Ido

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 12:29:20 +0200

Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]> writes:

> To me, both _not offering virtual buffers to be killed at all_ and
> _offering them but treating killing as removing from ‘recentf-list’_
> make sense.  The latter I prefer simply for consistency with
> ‘ido-kill-buffer-at-head’ (i.e., function that is called when you press
> ‘C-k’ on a buffer during ‘C-x b’).

Yeah, I think you're right, and the original patch was the correct
solution here: When the user explicitly (and interactively) kills a
buffer, then they expect that buffer to go away.  (There isn't any other
reasonable interpretation for that interactive action.)

It's perhaps slightly inconsistent, but I think it's more DWIM.

So I'm applying your patch to Emacs 28, and we'll see if any users of
this ido setting complains (in which case we should be prepared to
revert it).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no