Subject: Re: bug#38294: [PATCH] Handle killing of virtual buffers in Ido

From: Dario Gjorgjevski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 10:03:02 +0200

> But my question is then why this buffer even shows up on `C-x k' if it's
> a virtual buffer.  Instead of making it do something on kill, isn't it
> better to just never show it if it's not actually open?

That’s exactly why I asked “In that case, should we prevent virtual
buffers from being listed in ‘ido-kill-buffer’ in the first place?”
before.

To me, both _not offering virtual buffers to be killed at all_ and
_offering them but treating killing as removing from ‘recentf-list’_
make sense.  The latter I prefer simply for consistency with
‘ido-kill-buffer-at-head’ (i.e., function that is called when you press
‘C-k’ on a buffer during ‘C-x b’).

Best regards,
Dario

-- 
[email-masked] :: +49 1525 8666837
%   gpg --keyserver 'hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net' \
\`>     --recv-keys '744A4F0B4F1C9371'