Subject: Re: bug#38294: [PATCH] Handle killing of virtual buffers in Ido

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:14:49 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Killing it isn't a no-op though.  When you kill it, you get prompted to
>>> save changes, it runs hooks in the background, presumably removes it
>>> from active memory, other functions will no longer be able to just
>>> switch to it, etc., etc.
>
> Yeah, but these "virtual buffers" don't really exist, so none of that
> will happen, I'd have thought?

But the virtual buffers are only visible on `C-x C-f', not on `C-x b',
right?

At least, that's what it looks like when I do:

0. emacs -Q
1. M-x ido-mode
2. (setq ido-virtual-buffers t)
3. C-x C-f existing-file-foo RET
4. C-x k RET
5. C-x k      => existing-file-foo is not shown

But I may very well be overlooking something...

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas