Subject: Re: [bug#38279] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: sdl: Add libxcursor to propagated-inputs.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 19:25:01 +0100

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I worry about qemu and other sdl2 dependent packages.  Should the patch
> be merged to core-updates?

`guix refresh -l sdl2` lists 214 dependent packages, so it is within the
"300 packages rebuild limit" on 'master'.

It's good if you verify that some of the important-looking packages in
that list still build properly before pushing however!  :-)

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Woow, nice find.  The patch LGTM, but please add a comment in the code
>> about why it has to be propagated, along the lines of "Enable X11 cursor
>> support in dependent programs, see <https://bugs.gnu.org/38279>".
>
> Sure.  I'll add “Enable X11 cursor support in dependent programs” above
> ‘("libxcursor" ,libxcursor)’.  Also I'll place the libxcursor to
> ‘inputs’ instead of ‘propagated-inputs’ of SDL2 package, because it's
> enough as I tested.

Excellent, thanks!