Subject: Re: [bug#38279] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: sdl: Add libxcursor to propagated-inputs.

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 01:35:53 +0300

Hi,

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:

> This increases the size of 'guix size sdl' from 491.1MiB to 491.2. Do we
> need anything similar for sdl2?

I tried to fix sdl2.  Do you mean ‘sdl’?  I tried to run tuxpaint which
was build from our Guix package collection and sdl version 1.  The
cursor is black, so I cannot say is it broken or not.

Also I checked other ‘sdl’ games, but no custom cursor there, too:
meritous, knights, prboom-plus, lierolibre, chromium-bsu, tuxpaint,
kobodeluxe, enigma.

NIX's SDL package doesn't contain libXcursor input, but SDL2 does
contain.  I think we should follow this decision.

I worry about qemu and other sdl2 dependent packages.  Should the patch
be merged to core-updates?

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Woow, nice find.  The patch LGTM, but please add a comment in the code
> about why it has to be propagated, along the lines of "Enable X11 cursor
> support in dependent programs, see <https://bugs.gnu.org/38279>".

Sure.  I'll add “Enable X11 cursor support in dependent programs” above
‘("libxcursor" ,libxcursor)’.  Also I'll place the libxcursor to
‘inputs’ instead of ‘propagated-inputs’ of SDL2 package, because it's
enough as I tested.