Subject: bug#38278: 27.0.50; #' info missing

From: Devon Sean McCullough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 12:19:39 -0500

doc/lispref/objects.texi
@node Special Read Syntax
fails to mention #’
which expands to (function …) and is used everywhere.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010))
 of 2019-11-19 built on Devons-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.11.6

Recent messages:
Loading vc/ediff-hook...done
Loading uniquify...done
Loading electric...done
Loading emacs-lisp/eldoc...done
Loading cus-start...done
Loading tooltip...done
Loading /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/leim/leim-list.el (source)...done
Finding pointers to doc strings...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading loadup.el (source)...done

Configured using:
 'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip cus-start eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 267306 16954)
 (symbols 48 20459 1)
 (strings 32 55317 2219)
 (string-bytes 1 2335349)
 (vectors 16 51073)
 (vector-slots 8 1401612 68458)
 (floats 8 187 73)
 (intervals 56 212 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))