Subject: bug#38273: emacs doesn't open files

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:16:18 +0100

Hi,

I do experiment the same issue.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
$  guix describe
Generation 56    Nov 19 2019 12:52:57    (current)
  guix 7b40d59
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 7b40d59114e1462d6d8140f325a66b12e91db667
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
$ ls -l `which emacs`
lrwxrwxrwx 2 root root 64 Jan  1  1970
/home/simon/.guix-profile/bin/emacs ->
/gnu/store/vb0ia0qnkc92yp771hxhcp8k6ywqymkk-emacs-26.3/bin/emacs
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Then "emacs -Q" works fine.
However "emacs -q" does not.

All the best,
simon