Subject: [bug#38272] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-openwith.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 23:28:07 +0100

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Marius,
>
> On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 19:37, Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> But, I read in another message that BitBucket is shutting down Mercurial
>> support in 2020, so I'm not sure what to do about it.  Thoughts?
>
> The timeline of the shutdown is here [1] so we have still some time. :-)
>
> [1] https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket

Thanks for the link.  I hope the affected archives will be available
through the Software Heritage API for the time travellers among us.

> The best seems to first list all the packages offended via some scheme
> code -- I have no idea how many packages will be impacted.
> Then contact each upstream to know what is their plan, i.e., where the
> new location of the source will be: git conversion and still on
> BitBucket; still hg and move to elsewhere; etc.

For this package in particular, I think it's okay to go with the
original emacsmirror source David used, as the code had not changed
since 2012.  :-)

More active packages probably already have a migration plan, so I
suppose we'll have to deal with it on a case by case basis.

> I do not know if it is better to open only one bug report to track the
> progress (maybe my preference), or to open one bug report per package.
>
> What do you think?

I think one bug to track it is sufficient, but no strong opinion.