Subject: Re: [bug#38272] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-openwith.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019 19:36:49 +0100

"David Wilson" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> 
>> Maybe "This package lets you associate file name patterns with
>> external applications that are automatically invoked when you use
>> commands like @code{find-file}, etc".
>> 
>
> I've taken your suggestion and improved on it like so:
>
> "This package enables you to associate file name patterns with external
> applications that are automatically invoked when you use commands like
> @code{find-file}.  For example, you can have it open @code{png} files with
> @code{feh} and @code{mp4} files with @code{mpv}.  This is especially useful
> when browsing files with Dired."

Thank you!  That description is much better.  :-)

> Updated patch is attached, thanks again!

I found that 'git-fetch' failed, so I changed the patch to use
'hg-fetch'.  It still produced the same hash.

But, I read in another message that BitBucket is shutting down Mercurial
support in 2020, so I'm not sure what to do about it.  Thoughts?

In any case the patch is applied!