Subject: Re: bug#38258: 12.2.0; reftex-view-crossref on citation pre- and postnotes

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:31:11 +0200

Hi Gustavo,

gusbrs <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've tested it and, as far as I can tell, it works as intended: the
> bogus idle echo is gone and things otherwise work as expected. Looks
> good to me.

Thanks for testing.  I installed it on Emacs master (ca528f7c6).

> I've noticed you went in a slightly different direction than what I
> had envisioned/suggested, and intervened in
> `reftex-view-crossref-when-idle' instead of in `reftex-view-crossref'.

Well, at some point of time you have to start submitting patches if you
want to get things done your way ;-)  (Just kidding, I know about your
constraints).

> While it is true that I cannot think of a citation or cross-reference
> macro in which the bibkey/label is given as an optional argument, I
> also have to admit this is not a particularly strong argument (black
> swans...). Hence, even though I'd favor the wider change and think it
> would make sense, I grant yours is a good call.

Thanks, the heuristic seemed good enough to me.

> It is your job to be cautious, after all.  ;-)

More importantly, I have to keep my sanity ;-)

> Thank you!

You're welcome.  I'm closing this report.

Best, Arash