Subject: Re: bug#38258: 12.2.0; reftex-view-crossref on citation pre- and postnotes

From: gusbrs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:47:19 -0300

Hi Arash,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 at 06:21, Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks for the explicit pointer.  I can think of something like this:
>
> [...]
>
> Do you want to give it a try and see if it works as expected?  I think
> you see the addition.

You knew already I'd love this one. Both thumbs up! :-)

I've tested it and, as far as I can tell, it works as intended: the
bogus idle echo is gone and things otherwise work as expected. Looks
good to me.

I've noticed you went in a slightly different direction than what I
had envisioned/suggested, and intervened in
`reftex-view-crossref-when-idle' instead of in `reftex-view-crossref'.
While it is true that I cannot think of a citation or cross-reference
macro in which the bibkey/label is given as an optional argument, I
also have to admit this is not a particularly strong argument (black
swans...). Hence, even though I'd favor the wider change and think it
would make sense, I grant yours is a good call. It is your job to be
cautious, after all.  ;-)

Thank you!

Best,
gusbrs