Subject: bug#38225: Cannot move vertical screen division bar

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 09:40:30 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> With the mouse I can move the bar created by C-x 2,
>> but not that created by C-x 3.
>> emacs-version "26.3"
>> (I can make a window shorter, but not thinner.)
>
> I'm unable to reproduce this in either Emacs 26 or 27 -- when I place
> the mouse pointer over the division, I can drag it and make the window
> shorter or wider.

(I meant "thinner or wider".)

But now I can reproduce it.  I normally run with scroll-bar-mode
switched off, and then I can adjust the width of windows.  However, with
scroll-bar-mode switched on, I can't adjust the width any more.

With window-divider-mode switched on, I can adjust the width, but with
both the divider and the scroll bars there, the separation between
windows is very thick.

So I think there's a bug here; i.e., you should be able to adjust the
width of the windows even if there's (just) a scroll bar there.  But
perhaps this is a toolkit restriction?  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no