Subject: 26.1; cl-prettyexpand incorrectly expands pushing to structures

From: Braun Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 09:20:19 +0100

Hi,

Create file test.el:

(require 'cl-lib)
(cl-defstruct test slot)
(cl-prettyexpand '(push 1 (test-slot foo)))
(message "%s" (buffer-string))

Let Emacs evaluate the file:

$ emacs -Q -batch -l ./test.el
Expanding...
Formatting...

(let* ((v test-slot)
       (v (or (cl-block test-p
                (and (memq (type-of foo) cl-struct-test-tags) t))
              (signal 'wrong-type-argument (list 'test foo))))
       (v (aref foo 1)))
  (\(setf\ cl-block\) (cons 1 (cl-block v v v)) v v v))

The form in the output is obviously an incorrect expansion of
(push 1 (test-slot foo)).
Two errors are
(1) the reference to (non-existent) free variable `test-slot' in the 
first
line and
(2) calling the nonexistent function `(setf cl-block)' in the last line.

Best wishes,

     Gábor

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.4)
 of 2019-02-03, modified by Debian built on zam904
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12004000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/
usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-
lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/
usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-26.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: hu_HU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cl-extra help-mode easymenu cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib elec-pair time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 99333 7644)
 (symbols 48 20637 2)
 (miscs 40 53 104)
 (strings 32 28919 1306)
 (string-bytes 1 758567)
 (vectors 16 15133)
 (vector-slots 8 500702 9540)
 (floats 8 51 108)
 (intervals 56 308 6)
 (buffers 992 12))