Subject: bug#3820: 23.0.96; Emacs Lisp typo

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:59:43 +0200

waterloo <[email-masked]> writes:

> In 34.3.1.1 Emacs Lisp Reference ,
>      Note that `\' also has special meaning in the read syntax of Lisp
>      strings (*note String Type::), and must be quoted with `\'.  For
>      example, the regular expression that matches the `\' character is
>      `\\'.  To write a Lisp string that contains the characters `\\',
>      Lisp syntax requires you to quote each `\' with another `\'.
>      Therefore, the read syntax for a regular expression matching `\'
>      is `"\\\\"'.
> The last sentence , it should be " .... matching `\\' is `"\\\\"'  ".

No, that string matches only a single backslash when interpreted as a
regexp.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."