Subject: 27.0.50; `edebug-remove-instrumentation' doesn't work for adviced functions

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:55:58 +0100

Hi,

e.g. (just a random example)

  (defun f (x) (* 2 (+ 1 x)))

  (advice-add 'f :around (lambda (orig-f x) (1+ (funcall orig-f x))))

Instrument `f'.  Then M-x edebug-remove-instrumentation gives

"Found no functions to remove instrumentation from".

BTW, another point: the user interface for edebug-remove-instrumentation
could be similar to `cancel-edebug-on-entry', i.e. it could prompt for a
function to remove instrumentation from, defaulting to all functions.

TIA,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.12)
 of 2019-11-13 built on drachen
Repository revision: 3c0c95d1cca0875b7ad03247a35ba9e8c1c062ee
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bullseye/sid