Subject: Re: bug#38195: 27.0.50; `edebug-remove-instrumentation' doesn't work for adviced functions

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 13:39:32 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> The previous paragraph says:
>
> ---
>   To remove instrumentation from a definition, simply re-evaluate its
> definition in a way that does not instrument.
> ---
>
> So while the new command can do this for one function, the salient
> feature is that it can do it for all functions, too.  The
> re-evaluation thing is still easier if you just want to do it for one
> function, I think?

Depends if you have the buffer at hand and how confused you got while
edebugging... I think I would always prefer the handy new command.

With one exception: the new command will never give you compiled
definitions.  If you want to use compiled code for the rest of your
session after you are done you need to reload the elc.

Michael.