Subject: bug#38195: 27.0.50; `edebug-remove-instrumentation' doesn't work for adviced functions

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 09:03:36 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> when testing the advised macro case (AFAIK macros can be advised) I
> found that `edebug-remove-instrumentation' doesn't handle macros at all
> because the `functionp' test you use fails for macros. 

Hm, I didn't think about edebugging macros, but I guess that's also
possible?  Let's see...

(defmacro foo (x)
  `(+ 1 ,x))

(foo 2)

Yes indeed.  I've now adjusted the command to also do this for macrop
symbols.

> What is the correct test here (are there even more cases to consider)?

Hm...  Are there more cases?  There's special forms, but they can't be
edebugged, I think?  I can't recall any more function-ey things...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no