Subject: Re: bug#38187: 27.0.50; No mouse-wheel scaling on images

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 18:31:01 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:07:56 +0100
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked],
>  Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> 
> > Please add "buffer" to the aliases you're adding.
> > For example: `buffer-font-size-increase'.
> 
> I don't object in principle.  But again, we don't have
> "frame-font-size-increase" or "window-font-size-increase", so I'm not
> sure if it makes things much better.

buffer-font-size-increase indeed is inaccurate, since buffers have no
fonts.

> And to make it discoverable, perhaps it's better if it starts with
> "font"?

But which font?  The feature doesn't change fonts, it remaps faces.

If you think there could be a problem with discoverability, we could
add some index entries to the manual, and maybe mention "font" in the
doc string of the command.

Other than that, I really don't see how this could be hard to
discover: we have just added a binding of C-wheel-up and C-wheel-down,
something that every application out there supports, haven't we?  So
what kind of discoverability problems we envision with that binding in
place?