Subject: Re: bug#38187: 27.0.50; No mouse-wheel scaling on images

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 15:49:49 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> FWIW, I think the opposite.  I think that zooming text, images and all
>> buffer content together should be the default.  I believe that it
>> would feel both natural and familiar, especially to new users, since
>> that's how e.g. web browsers, LibreOffice and evince, etc. works.
>
> That's true.  I guess the scroll button could change both
> image-scaling-factor and text-scale-mode-amount...

Perhaps we should open a separate issue for that?

> But, on the other hand, I could definitely see people preferring to
> change just one or the other.  So perhaps there should be separate
> commands that people can bind according to their preference?

100 % agree.

>> (That also reminds me that, IMO, text-scale-increase/decrease should
>> be renamed to font-size-increase/decrease.  The current names are not
>> very discoverable; when one wants to change the font size, and says:
>> `M-x font TAB'.  At the very least, we should have such defaliases.)
>
> Makes sense to me.

How does the attached patch look?  I took the minimal route of just
adding convenience aliases.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas