Subject: bug#38187: 27.0.50; No mouse-wheel scaling on images

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:08:13 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> FWIW, I think the opposite.  I think that zooming text, images and all
> buffer content together should be the default.  I believe that it
> would feel both natural and familiar, especially to new users, since
> that's how e.g. web browsers, LibreOffice and evince, etc. works.

That's true.  I guess the scroll button could change both
image-scaling-factor and text-scale-mode-amount...  But, on the other
hand, I could definitely see people preferring to change just one or the
other.  So perhaps there should be separate commands that people can
bind according to their preference?

> (That also reminds me that, IMO, text-scale-increase/decrease should
> be renamed to font-size-increase/decrease.  The current names are not
> very discoverable; when one wants to change the font size, and says:
> `M-x font TAB'.  At the very least, we should have such defaliases.)

Makes sense to me.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no