Subject: bug#38185: isearch-yank-word-or-char grabs periods at ends of words when used on man pages

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 08:02:46 +0800

When used on man pages, isearch-yank-word-or-char also gets periods at
the ends of words, along with the word. Commas, however, thankfully, are
not gotten.

    C-w runs the command isearch-yank-word-or-char (found in
    overriding-terminal-local-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
    function in ‘isearch.el’.

    (isearch-yank-word-or-char)

    Pull next character, subword or word from buffer into search string.
    Subword is used when ‘subword-mode’ is activated.

M-x man cat
Put cursor here:

  blarf.
  ^
Hit C-s C-w

Cursor now here:
  blarf.
        ^
Should be here:
  blarf.
       ^

emacs-version "26.3".