Subject: bug#38181: Actual height of mode-line not taken into account

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 21:27:15 +0300

> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 19:44:08 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
>  > I've tested it in both master and emacs-28 branches and I've seen none
>  > of the aforementioned issues nor, at least in a cursory examination,
>  > any regression.
>  >
>  > It seems like you're displaying the modeline instead of merely using
>  > the current height? There is no perceptible flickering in any case.
> 
> There's no "displaying" involved.

There is, for some value of "display": this function actually
generates a glyph row in the glyph matrix.

> Eli, I think this could go into Emacs 28.  WDYT?

No, it's too radical, and the problem it fixes is too obscure.  Let's
install it on master, please.