Subject: [bug#38178] [WIP v2] gnu: Add grass.

From: Wiktor Żelazny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 16:04:17 +0100

From: Wiktor Żelazny <[email-masked]>

* gnu/packages/geo.scm (grass): New variable.
No GUI due to wxpython not found on runtime.
---
Hi there!
Thank you for your suggestion with regard to python-wxpython. I tried to
implement it, along with your remaining comments. I temporarily removed
python-six. I don’t remember anymore what led me to putting it there.
Unfortunately, I cannot test the result, as I’m now getting this kind of
errors:
   Status: Preprocessing /tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/tmp70mq13s0.h
   Status: gcc -E       -I/tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/grass-7.8.0/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/include -I/tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/grass-7.8.0/dist.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/include -D__GLIBC_HAVE_LONG_LONG -U __GNUC__ -dD "-Dinline=" "-
   D__inline__=" "-D__extension__=" "-D_Bool=uint8_t" "-D__const=const" "-D__asm__(x)=" "-D__asm(x)=" "-DCTYPESGEN=1" "/tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/tmp70mq13s0.h"
   Status: Parsing /tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/tmp70mq13s0.h
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:101: Syntax error at '__readfds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:102: Syntax error at '__writefds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:103: Syntax error at '__exceptfds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:104: Syntax error at '__timeout'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:113: Syntax error at '__readfds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:114: Syntax error at '__writefds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:115: Syntax error at '__exceptfds'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:116: Syntax error at '__timeout'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/select.h:117: Syntax error at '__sigmask'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:297: Syntax error at '__nptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:298: Syntax error at '__endptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:301: Syntax error at '__nptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:302: Syntax error at '__endptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:305: Syntax error at '__nptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:302: Syntax error at '__endptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:305: Syntax error at '__nptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:306: Syntax error at '__endptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:310: Syntax error at '__nptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/inttypes.h:311: Syntax error at '__endptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9752: Syntax error at 'packed'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9752: Syntax error at ')'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9755: Syntax error at 'packed'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9755: Syntax error at ')'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9762: Syntax error at 'packed'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9762: Syntax error at ')'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9765: Syntax error at 'packed'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/glext.h:9765: Syntax error at ')'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:246: Syntax error at '__filename'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:247: Syntax error at '__modes'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:252: Syntax error at '__filename'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:253: Syntax error at '__modes'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:254: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:304: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:304: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:308: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:308: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:309: Syntax error at 'size_t'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:314: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:314: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:326: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:327: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:332: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:334: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:335: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:341: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:341: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:347: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:349: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:349: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:354: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:355: Syntax error at 'const'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:355: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:358: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:359: Syntax error at 'const'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:359: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:379: Syntax error at '__fmt'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:382: Syntax error at '__fmt'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:391: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:392: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:397: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:399: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:400: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:416: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:417: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:418: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:419: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:420: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:432: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:432: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:440: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:444: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:445: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:465: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:466: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:468: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:470: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:471: Syntax error at '__format'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:564: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:564: Syntax error at 'FILE'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:603: Syntax error at '__lineptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:604: Syntax error at '__n'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:605: Syntax error at 'FILE'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:606: Syntax error at '__lineptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:607: Syntax error at '__n'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:608: Syntax error at 'FILE'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:616: Syntax error at '__lineptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:617: Syntax error at '__n'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:616: Syntax error at '__lineptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:617: Syntax error at '__n'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:618: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:626: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:626: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:646: Syntax error at '__ptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:647: Syntax error at 'size_t'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:647: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:652: Syntax error at '__ptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:653: Syntax error at 'size_t'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:653: Syntax error at '__s'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:673: Syntax error at '__ptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:674: Syntax error at 'size_t'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:674: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:675: Syntax error at '__ptr'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:676: Syntax error at 'size_t'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:676: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:731: Syntax error at '__stream'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/stdio.h:731: Syntax error at '__pos'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:205: Syntax error at '__file'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:206: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:234: Syntax error at '__file'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:235: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:259: Syntax error at '__file'
   Error: /gnu/store/ahqgl4h89xqj695lgqvsaf6zh2nhy4pj-glibc-2.29/include/sys/stat.h:260: Syntax error at '__buf'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/gl.h:93: Syntax error at '\n'
   Error: /gnu/store/vf5lkc27z5rcbvaw6rkdmqisyg923m5r-mesa-19.1.4/include/GL/gl.h:97: Syntax error at '\n'
   Status: Processing description list.
   Status: Writing to OBJ.x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/nviz.py.
   Status: Wrapping complete.
I wish I could inspect those temporary files
(/tmp/guix-build-grass-7.8.0.drv-0/tmp70mq13s0.h in the example above), but
they dissapear too quickly. I suspected that my build environment had got
broken in the meantime, as the errors persist when I selectively rollback
various combinations of the changes. I cannot fully verify it, as I don’t know
the way to force the Guix daemon to rebuild (recompile) what’s already in the
store. I tried
   guix build --check
, then
   guix build -S --check
— to no avail. But I switched the OS state (GRUB menu on boot + user profile
generation) to the time of my first successful grass build, and building with
changes results in the same errors. Needless to say, I’m at loss now.
 gnu/packages/geo.scm | 85 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 84 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/geo.scm b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
index dfb00c7547..e050e25511 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/geo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
@@ -40,16 +40,20 @@
   #:use-module ((guix licenses) #:prefix license:)
   #:use-module (guix packages)
   #:use-module (guix utils)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages algebra)
   #:use-module (gnu packages astronomy)
   #:use-module (gnu packages autotools)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages bison)
   #:use-module (gnu packages boost)
   #:use-module (gnu packages check)
   #:use-module (gnu packages compression)
   #:use-module (gnu packages databases)
   #:use-module (gnu packages datastructures)
   #:use-module (gnu packages documentation)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages flex)
   #:use-module (gnu packages fonts)
   #:use-module (gnu packages fontutils)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages gl)
   #:use-module (gnu packages glib)
   #:use-module (gnu packages gnome)
   #:use-module (gnu packages gtk)
@@ -67,7 +71,9 @@
   #:use-module (gnu packages web)
   #:use-module (gnu packages webkit)
   #:use-module (gnu packages wxwidgets)
-  #:use-module (gnu packages xml))
+  #:use-module (gnu packages xml)
+  #:use-module (gnu packages xorg)
+  #:use-module (ice-9 match))
 
 (define-public geos
   (package
@@ -1037,3 +1043,80 @@ persisted.
 @end itemize
 ")
     (license license:expat)))
+
+(define-public grass
+  (package
+    (name "grass")
+    (version "7.8.0")
+    (source
+     (origin
+       (method url-fetch)
+       (uri (string-append
+             "https://grass.osgeo.org/" name
+             (match (string-split version #\.)
+               ((major minor _ ...)
+                (string-append major minor)))
+             "/source/" name "-" version ".tar.gz"))
+       (sha256
+        (base32
+         "1ynclznkpnm18vi0brmbfcplgi15yd7lwd424abgv7wm9qlr44ab"))))
+    (build-system gnu-build-system)
+    (arguments
+     '(#:phases
+       (modify-phases %standard-phases
+         ;; Replace configure phase as the ./configure script does not like
+         ;; CONFIG_SHELL and SHELL passed as parameters
+         (replace 'configure
+           (lambda* (#:key outputs build target #:allow-other-keys)
+             (let* ((out   (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
+                    (bash  (which "bash"))
+                    (flags (list
+                            (string-append "--prefix=" out)
+                            (string-append "--build=" build)
+                            (string-append
+                             "--with-freetype-includes="
+                             (assoc-ref %build-inputs "freetype")
+                             "/include/freetype2")
+                            (string-append
+                             "--with-proj-share="
+                             (assoc-ref %build-inputs "proj.4")
+                             "/share/proj")
+                            "--with-postgres")))
+               (setenv "CONFIG_SHELL" bash)
+               (apply invoke bash "./configure" flags))))
+         (add-after 'install 'wrap-python-scripts
+           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
+             (let ((out (assoc-ref outputs "out")))
+               (wrap-program (string-append out "/bin/grass78")
+                 `("PYTHONPATH" ":"
+                   prefix (,(string-append wxpython "/lib/python"
+                                           (python-version python)
+                                           "/site-packages")))))
+             #t)))
+       #:tests? #f))  ;no check target
+    (native-inputs
+     `(("flex" ,flex)
+       ("bison" ,bison)
+       ("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
+       ("python" ,python)))
+    (inputs
+     `(("proj.4" ,proj.4)
+       ("gdal" ,gdal)
+       ("zlib" ,zlib)
+       ("zstd:lib" ,zstd "lib")
+       ("libtiff" ,libtiff)
+       ("libpng" ,libpng)
+       ("sqlite" ,sqlite)
+       ("freeglut" ,freeglut)
+       ("fftw" ,fftw)
+       ("cairo" ,cairo)
+       ("freetype" ,freetype)
+       ("libxt" ,libxt)
+       ("python-wxpython" ,python-wxpython) ;for gui
+       ("postgresql" ,postgresql)))
+    (home-page "https://grass.osgeo.org/")
+    (synopsis "Geographic Resources Analysis Support System")
+    (description "GRASS is a @dfn{Geographic Information System} (GIS) software
+suite used for geospatial data management and analysis, image processing,
+graphics and maps production, spatial modeling, and visualization.")
+    (license license:gpl2+)))
-- 
2.24.0