Subject: bug#38164: quit-restore-window doesn't restore point in man

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:08:10 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> -            (quit-restore-window
> -             (get-buffer-window Man-buffer t) 'kill)
> +            (progn
> +              (quit-restore-window
> +               (get-buffer-window Man-buffer t) 'kill)
> +              (select-window (old-selected-window)))

The discussion then dealt mostly with general quit-restore-windows
issues, but I think this patch should be applied, since it fixes an
annoying problem in Man.  So I've now pushed it to Emacs 28.

Skimming the rest of this thread, there doesn't seem to be a lot of hope
for making any progress on the general issue, so I'm closing this bug
report, and perhaps a new one (or an emacs-devel) discussion would be
appropriate.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no