Subject: bug#38163: GDK does not return the monitor's refresh rate

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 21:53:07 +0100

Hi Alexandros,

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I have been developing and testing my GTK app (Zrythm) on many distros
> and Guix is the only case that the monitor's refresh rate is returned
> as 0.
>
> The API I am using is this:
> https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/GdkMonitor.html#gdk-monitor-get-refresh-rate

Looking at GTK+, the ‘init_randr*’ functions in ‘gdkscreen-x11.c’ appear
to be those responsible for setting the ‘refresh_rate’ field.

However, AFAICS, our ‘gtk+’ package does not depend on ‘libxrandr’, and
thus that functionality is simply compiled out (the function returns 0
unconditionally).

Could you try adding that dependency on ‘libxrandr’ in ‘gtk+’?

We won’t make this change in ‘master’ because it entails too many
rebuilds, but it could go on the next branch for massive rebuilds.

Thanks for your report,
Ludo’.