Subject: bug#38163: GDK does not return the monitor's refresh rate

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 16:07:34 +0100

Hi,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Ludo,
>>
>>> We won’t make this change in ‘master’ because it entails too many
>>> rebuilds, but it could go on the next branch for massive rebuilds. 
>>
>> Makes sense. I will be using my local gtk+ version for a while then
>> until this change goes live.
>
> Note that this change is already in the staging branch since commit
> 52b61e999101724c7e2d341586e9a6150614f208.

Nice! I wasn’t aware of it.

> Unfortunately the branch has gone stale due to some Qt/qmake plugin
> issues & I haven't had time to work on it.  I will try to find a
> workaround this weekend, if nothing else, as only a handful packages are
> affected.

Let’s motivate each other on IRC over the week-end.  I’d be happy to
give a hand to get that branch merged!

Thanks,
Ludo’.