Subject: Man-follow-manual-reference could be as sharp as M-x man itself

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2019 19:18:27 +0800

On a man page with

    SEE ALSO
            v.segment, v.split, v.to.rast, v.to.db
how come

   m runs the command man, which is an interactive autoloaded comp
     Lisp function in ‘man.el’.

still works (knows what man page we want) when placed on top of any of
the four. But

    r runs the command Man-follow-manual-reference, which is an
    interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘man.el’.

doesn't find any of them!

Sure, I'll tell the authors to use

   SEE ALSO
           v.segment(1grass), v.split(1grass), v.to.rast(1grass), v.to.db(1grass)

but in the meantime, Man-follow-manual-reference should be beefed up...

emacs-version "26.3"

Yes one can argue "well do you want Man-follow-manual-reference to catch
every "if, and, or but" in the SEE ALSO section? Well as a matter of
fact yes. Might as well.

(Please fix Man-follow-manual-reference to find them all, even if far
from the cursor too. Don't have it say "There are no references in the current man page".)