Subject: Re: [bug#38149] [WIP] gnu: Add qgis.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 19:09:11 +0530

>> Also, we should push some of the simpler patches (say, the simple
>> update patches) to master right away. That will help to declutter
>> this bug report a little bit. WDYT?
>
> Sure.

I have pushed the patches regarding geos, proj, libgeotiff, gdal,
postgis and libspatialindex.

> Also, I think the licenses can be added right now.

I am not sure of the licenses of qgis. They need to be double
checked. So, I think we should wait until then to push those license
patches.

> Likewise the package updates, but probably not the python 2.7
> modification, especially if python 3 also inherits it.
> The latter should go to some other branch.

That's right. The python modification would trigger too many
rebuilds. Do you know which branch I should push it to?

> What's up with libgeotiff's disabled tests?

That was a WIP patch where the tests were failing. In the patch I
pushed, I fixed the tests and enabled them.

> Also, I think we usually don't list the license of non-installed files
> (like the cmake includes).

Ok, I made this modification before pushing the patches.