Subject: Re: [bug#38149] [WIP] gnu: Add qgis.

From: Björn Höfling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 09:59:51 +0100

Hi Arun,

On Thu, 05 Dec 2019 16:49:38 +0530
Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From 07056365b692b896419f108ec072291ab2bba7e1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 01:43:42 +0530
> Subject: [PATCH 2/9] gnu: Add proj.
> 
> * gnu/packages/geo.scm (proj): New variable.

We should clean up proj/proj.4 a bit more. I have to admit that I have
neglected this topic a bit, because it is tedious :-)

Proj/Proj.4 have different dependencies now (glib vs sqlite). This could
be OK due to the big change they made, but it could also hint a
packaging problem. I haven't looked yet into these details.

Reverse-dependencies:

At least now we have some packages depending on both proj and proj4,
for example:

* proj4-->postgis, proj->gdal->postgis

I will attach the full graph of:

$ guix graph -t reverse-package proj proj.4

Maybe we can totally eliminate proj.4, if all its dependencies are happy
with the 5+ (breaking) changes. If we cannot remove proj.4, at least
the graph should be separated. The "connecting package" is gdal (and
geotiff).

I know this is a bit out-of-scope of the QGIS-patch, but I think we
should clean this up before.

Björn