Subject: Re: bug#38148: Guix packages old/broken version of qutebrowser

From: Florian Bruhin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2020 13:04:56 +0100

Hey Ricardo, hey everyone!

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 09:55:40PM +0100, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> > I'm the upstream author of qutebrowser - it looks like Guix currently packages
> > qutebrowser 0.11.0: https://guix.gnu.org/packages/qutebrowser-0.11.0/
> >
> > That version is very outdated (July 2017, there have been 28 new releases since
> > then).
> 
> The qutebrowser package has been updated to 1.8.3 on Dec 24 with commit
> d7c58c3e5449d9fb96a15928cc65f12f111d0569.

Thanks a lot to everyone involved for the update! :)

Sorry for not replying earlier to your questions/ideas about customizing crash
reporting. There's no way to customize the crash reporting at the moment. In
general, I'm fine with dealing with reports upstream - it's quite rare for
issues to be distribution specific, and often there are issues I'm aware of,
but where a crash report gives me the missing bit to fix it.

I guess this was a bit of a special case, but I'm glad to see it's been fixed!

Florian

-- 
[email-masked] (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org 
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/
       GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
             I love long mails! | https://email.is-not-s.ms/