Subject: bug#38136: [PATCH] Make gnus-group-get-new-news a non blocking thread

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 15:25:29 -0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> [email-masked] writes:
>>
>>> From 834327d458c54bb0e1f25c6259ee640df0ba8b0e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>>> From: dickmao <none>
>>> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 09:51:59 -0500
>>> Subject: [PATCH] Make `gnus-group-get-new-news` a non-blocking thread
>>
>> I'm looking forward to testing this out this weekend!

I finally got to road-testing this, and so far haven't been able to
break it.

> It'd be helpful if you wrote something about how errors during `g' are
> reported and stuff and how stable this is, because my impression of the
> Emacs thread support is that it is (so far) got some stability
> problems.  

I haven't tried to make it raise an error, but I did set
`nntp-connection-timeout' very low, and try to trigger an error that
way. Nothing bad happened -- I will take a look at the code and see how
timeouts are handled.

So far so good!