Subject: Re: bug#38136: [PATCH] Make gnus-group-get-new-news a non blocking thread

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 07:04:23 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
>> From 834327d458c54bb0e1f25c6259ee640df0ba8b0e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>> From: dickmao <none>
>> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 09:51:59 -0500
>> Subject: [PATCH] Make `gnus-group-get-new-news` a non-blocking thread
>
> I'm looking forward to testing this out this weekend!

I haven't tested it, but it sounds like a great feature.

> Just a quick NB, which you should feel free to ignore: you'll probably
> get much better uptake on these tickets if you include with them a
> head-to-toe prose report on what they accomplish and why (in detail).
> Emacs has a lot of bug reports, and a small number of bug hunters, and a
> multi-hundred-line patch without so much as a "howdy-do" on it is ripe
> to be ignored. Just something to consider.

No, please don't ignore.  :-)

It'd be helpful if you wrote something about how errors during `g' are
reported and stuff and how stable this is, because my impression of the
Emacs thread support is that it is (so far) got some stability
problems.  

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no