Subject: Re: bug#38133: 27.0.50; compiling master and core dump with r139382-1

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 15:43:33 +0000

Hi Eli.

Eli> Can you start Emacs from GDB, and post the backtrace from the
Eli> crash?

I have done it on the first mail (bug report).

Eli> Also, did you specify these link switches:
Eli>    LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now

No. I am just packaging master with default flags but no LDFLAGS
especified on the script (I have re-checked it).

Eli> and if so, what happens if you don't?  IOW, does Emacs configured
Eli> and built with just "./configure; make" crash in the same way?

I am compiling with this options (at the moment):
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
    ../configure --program-transform-name='s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/'--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/usr/share --with-x-toolkit=lucid --mandir=/usr/share/man --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs --with-modules --with-xft --without-gconf --without-gsettings --with-imagemagick --without-xwidgets --without-pop --with-gameuser=:games --disable-build-details
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I Got a different issue which i workarounded two lines below:

mkdir build; cd build; ../configure .....; make (got an error)
gcc: error: ../lwlib/liblw.a: No such file or directory

then i did
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
cp ../lwlib/liblw.a lwlib/
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and make ended sucessfully.

Then I tested ./src/emacs. And it failed as explained in the first bug report
wich includes backtrace.

BR