Subject: Re: [bug#38127] [PATCH] gnu: Add x42-plugins.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 23:00:03 +0100

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> writes:

> NOTE: this patch depends on
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38121 and
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38126
>  From ee2e983068b3dd11aaed7c703388904749e77a44 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>  From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 10:54:00 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add x42-plugins.
>
> * gnu/packages/music.scm: (x42-plugins): New variable.

The patch LGTM overall, but indentation seems to be off.  Can you run
this through "./etc/indent-code.el"?

[...]

> +    (synopsis "Collection of LV2/JACK audio/MIDI processing plugins")
> +    (description "x42-plugins is a collection of over 80 cross-platform 
> LV2
> +audio and MIDI plugins that can also run as standalone JACK 
> applications.")
> +    (home-page "https://x42-plugins.com/x42/")
> +    (license license:gpl2+)))

I notice in the FAQ that "Some binaries are provided as demo.  A
license/signature file is required to remove the evaluation
restrictions".

If there are such binaries in the source tarball, they must be removed
with a source 'snippet' to ensure 'guix build --source' contains only
free software.