Subject: Re: [bug#38117] [PATCH] gnu: Add helm.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 11:14:44 +0100

Hello,

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Weird, it used to work (I even installed it and used the plugin!) but
> now I get this too. I would debug it but I have no idea what the error
> means or what to look for, the project seems to get built ok (I can see
> the generated LV2/VST plugins in the build directory).

The ‘changelog.gz’ file and man pages were read-only.  I added a phase
like this:

         (add-before 'reset-gzip-timestamps 'make-gz-files-writable
           (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
             (for-each make-file-writable
                       (find-files (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out"))
                                   ".*\\.gz$"))
             #t))

Now it’s all right!  I will push shortly.

Thanks,
Ludo’.