Subject: [bug#38117] [PATCH] gnu: Add helm.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:16:24 +0100

Hello,

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> skribis:

> From 3f496aa17eeb192ba363327e6cfd6fe0be533a56 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 09:25:08 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add helm.
>
> * gnu/packages/music.scm: (helm): New variable.

I applied it but it fails for me at the end:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `reset-gzip-timestamps'
Backtrace:
           9 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/qaparaqbwqw4v0hwfd50s37mikz…")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
   191:35  8 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    829:9  7 (catch _ _ #<procedure 7ffff5bc0518 at /gnu/store/w3jl…> …)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
   863:16  6 (every1 #<procedure 7ffff4c111e0 at /gnu/store/w3jlc8p…> …)
In /gnu/store/w3jlc8pk8416m7h677r5vq92b66h8cqd-module-import/guix/build/gnu-build-system.scm:
   839:30  5 (_ _)
    594:5  4 (reset-gzip-timestamps #:outputs _)
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
    640:9  3 (for-each #<procedure process-directory (directory)> (#))
    640:9  2 (for-each #<procedure reset-gzip-timestamp (file #:key…> …)
In /gnu/store/w3jlc8pk8416m7h677r5vq92b66h8cqd-module-import/guix/build/utils.scm:
   262:14  1 (reset-gzip-timestamp "/gnu/store/04j1kvzkx8n5ldbcbckh…" …)
In unknown file:
           0 (open "/gnu/store/04j1kvzkx8n5ldbcbckhcmbw4n3vzrwz-hel…" …)

ERROR: In procedure open:
In procedure open-fdes: Permission denied
builder for `/gnu/store/xj20qjw2mgp2yc59hmafmkgg780n1ci7-helm-0.9.0.drv' failed with exit code 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could you take a look?

As an aside, the patch had been mangled on its way.  Could you send it
as an attachment or with ‘git send-email’ next time?

Thank you!

Ludo’.