Subject: [bug#38115] [PATCH] gnu: Add dpf-plugins.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 23:45:54 +0100

Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]> writes:

>  From aebc4cded75e51f6c453a52cae10c9224d9e7df9 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
>  From: Alexandros Theodotou <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 08:55:22 +0000
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add dpf-plugins.
>
> * gnu/packages/music.scm: (dpf-plugins): New variable.

[...]

> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f  ; no "check" target
> +       #:make-flags
> +       (list (string-append "PREFIX=" (assoc-ref %outputs "out")))
> +       #:phases
> +       (modify-phases %standard-phases
> +         (add-after 'unpack 'skip-dssi-binaries
> +           (lambda _
> +             (substitute* "Makefile"
> +                          (("cp -r bin.*-dssi.*$") ":;\n"))
> +             #t))

Can you expand on this comment?  What are these binaries, and why do we
need to prevent them from being installed?

> +    (license `(license:isc license:gpl3 license:lgpl3 license:mit 
> license:gpl2))))

Does this work?  I would expect each of the license entries to have to
be 'unquoted', i.e. `(,license:isc).  Alternatively you can use (list
...) here.

When a package has multiple licenses like here, please add a comment
about it.  Is there a "main" license, (roughly) which files are under
what license?

Apart from that LGTM.