Subject: bug#38113: 26.3; eww does not indent text correctly

From: Kishor Datar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 20:45:00 -0800

eww does not indent content correctly. E.g. on the following
page, subsequent comments after the first nested comment align
at the same level.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=21473259

w3m or a web browser render the comments appropriately.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-08-29 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 96dd0196c28bc36779584e47fffcca433c9309cd
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Recent messages:
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Mark set
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=21473259
Mark set
Auto-saving...done
Mark set [2 times]
Sending...
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Sending...done

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/usr/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-20191102.2142/dash hides
~/emacs.extensions/dash

Features:
(mailalias mailclient pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail shr-color color
cl-extra help-mode network-stream starttls url-http tls gnutls
mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm rmc url-cache url-auth eww puny mm-url
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap shr svg xml dom browse-url elec-pair edmacro kmacro ido
tango-dark-theme finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mode-extentions
org-table org-element cl-seq avl-tree generator org advice org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-loaddefs cl-lib my-autoloads environment subr-x time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1550919 139870)
 (symbols 48 34380 0)
 (miscs 40 80 369)
 (strings 32 152971 4819)
 (string-bytes 1 4654241)
 (vectors 16 32426)
 (vector-slots 8 723738 84548)
 (floats 8 301 342)
 (intervals 56 393641 8544)
 (buffers 992 15))