Subject: bug#38109: Updated Emacs to HEAD, consistently not scaling now

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 19:38:37 +0000

On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 07:34:07PM +0000, Alan Third wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 11:12:31PM +0100, Adam Sjøgren via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> 
> I guess it should be simple enough to add 4 and 1 bit to the above
> which I hope would cover some of the above cases...

Although I don’t understand why the png displays unscaled in a big
canvas. We must have missed a check against the Picture member to
prevent it resizing if there is no Picture.

This is at the top of image_set_transform:

    # if !defined USE_CAIRO && defined HAVE_XRENDER
      if (!img->picture)
        return;
    # endif

which should prevent any attempt to scale right at the start... I’m
really not sure what’s going on there.
-- 
Alan Third