Subject: bug#38109: Updated Emacs to HEAD, consistently not scaling now

From: Adam Sjøgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 17:53:16 +0100

Alan writes:

> Hi Adam, can you try with the patch again, but undoing the changes to
> image_clear_image_1 in image.c? There should be two, both wrapped in
> ‘#ifdef HAVE_XRENDER’.
>
> Those changes weren’t required for the fix, but looked as though they
> should be needed generally.
>
> If that doesn’t help can you try running under a debugger and sending
> us the backtrace?

I'm trying the patch without those two sections now (finally). No
crashes so far (around an hours worth of using Gnus).

  Best regards,

    Adam

-- 
 "I wish *I* was a tiger!"                                     Adam Sjøgren
 "A common lament."                                       [email-masked]