Subject: [bug#38108] doc: Fix typos -- parenthesis dot

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 11:43:57 +0200

Hi Leo,

On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 20:33, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It's standard in American English to end the sentence outside of the
> parentheses (like this). Maybe "Continental English" is different, I
> don't know :)

It is not different. :-)

The rule is:

   This is an example (and here some words).

or

   This is an example.  (This is a full sentence.)  The words still fly.

However, some English teachers in France say that the rule is:

   This is an example (and here some words.)

which is wrong -- at least -- in US and UK English, as you confirm for US. :-)

The patch fixes the issue and now the manual is compliant with the
standard.  Feel free to push it. ;-)

All the best,
simon