Subject: Re: [bug#38108] [PATCH] doc: Fix typos.

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 21:52:24 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 22:53, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Well, I will triple check because it is tricky and update the patch.
>
> Sure; do send an update when you think it’s ready!

I sent an updated patch.
However, I have missed the option --reroll-count with Magit so it does
not appear with the correct subject [PATCH v2]. Hope that is fine.

> >> I think this will invalidate translations of the affected paragraphs.
> >> Is that a big deal, Julien, or is it easily resolved?
> >
> >>From a quick check, it is already resolved using the correct french
> > style (from my knowledge). But I have not checked everything in the
> > manual nor in the "Lexique des règles typographiques en usage à
> > l'Imprimerie nationale". No idea about the other translations.
>
> Sorry, what I mean is not that the French translation needed to be
> adjusted, but rather that changing the English source will make the
> translated versions “outdated” from the point of view of xgettext, which
> is annoying.

Sorry. My bad! Too slow to understand. :-)

@Julien: Please tell me if it is annoying and I will participate, to
reduce the annoyance. At least for the French translation.

All the best,
simon