Subject: Re: bug#38092: 26.3; [ELPA] New package: bluetooth.el

From: Raffael Stocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 08:25:43 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen writes:

> Raffael Stocker <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> in the appendix I submit a new package to ELPA (and criticism).  It is a
>> tabulated-list-mode based interface for Bluetooth device management.
>
> Looks great!  I've now added it to GNU ELPA.

Stefan Monnier added the package as external recently (he preferred to
pull from gitlab instead of using the patch to keep the history intact),
so we might now have the package in ELPA twice.  I completely forgot
about the post to debbugs.  I do apologize for causing confusion and
unnecessary work.  I should have sent a note that this can be closed.

> It requires dash, though, but didn't require it, so I amended the line
> to:
>
> ;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25.1") (dash "2.12.0"))

Thanks for spotting this, I will add it to the other package as soon as
I get the chance (I assume that the version with the history is the one
which should prevail). 

> I'm not sure the version number there makes much sense, though, but it's
> the current version of dash.

I'm not sure either.  Maybe I will try to track down when the used
features have been added. 

> I've never added anything to GNU ELPA before, so I may well have done
> something wrong.  It seemed suspiciously easy.  :-)

Well, you may have stepped into my unintentional honeypot.

Sorry again for the noise and confusion.  Can we close this issue?

      Raffael