Subject: bug#38086: RAID installation script with ‘mdadm’ no longer works

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 23:03:13 +0100

Ludovic Courtès 写道：
> As you can see, it’s attempting to make a RAID1 device out of 
> two
> partitions (not two disks), which makes no sense in the real 
> world, but
> is easier to handle here.  So I wonder if this is what’s causing 
> it to
> hang…

It's just waiting for input:

  $ # dd & losetup magic, where loop0 is 20% larger than loop1
  $ sudo mdadm --create /dev/md0 --verbose --level=mirror 
  --raid-devices=2 /dev/loop{0,1}
  mdadm: Note: this array has metadata at the start and
    may not be suitable as a boot device.  If you plan to
    store '/boot' on this device please ensure that
    your boot-loader understands md/v1.x metadata, or use
    --metadata=0.90
  mdadm: size set to 101376K
  mdadm: largest drive (/dev/loop1) exceeds size (101376K) by more 
  than 1%
  Continue creating array?

Adding --force does not avoid this.

I recommend tweaking the partition table to make both members 
equal, but a ‘yes|’ also works if you're in a hurry ;-)

Kind regards,

T G-R