Subject: bug#38084: 27.0.50; M-x list-packages stopped working

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 13:10:52 +0530

Calling M-x list-packages displays following message in mini-buffer and
then nothing happens,

"Package refresh already in progress. Please wait..."

Then appears

"Done"

momentarily and nothing happens.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.0.0, NS appkit-1894.10 Version 10.15.1 (Build 19B88))
 of 2019-11-06 built on Pankajs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: 0661a39d1b501a41e439df8c73f7b7f3bf3e3761
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.1

Recent messages:
Package refresh done
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Package refresh done
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done

Configured using:
 'configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib'

Configured features:
RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mm-archive message dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls
network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache url-auth url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg epg-config finder-inf package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 70689 8244)
 (symbols 48 8635 1)
 (strings 32 25722 2860)
 (string-bytes 1 791517)
 (vectors 16 14173)
 (vector-slots 8 177887 9010)
 (floats 8 22 232)
 (intervals 56 222 0)
 (buffers 1000 14))

-- 
Pankaj Jangid