Subject: 23.1.50; vc-dir ignores .gitignore

From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:20:20 +0200

I use git to manage some files (.emacs, .bashrc etc.) in my home
directory and hg for a project in a directory named ~/lisp/slime/.
I have both, a ~/.git and a ~/lisp/slime/.hg directory
and my ~/.gitignore contains a line with: lisp* 

However when I invoke C-x v d on ~/lisp/slime, a buffer
pops up with the first (wrong) line:  VC backend : Git
and lists most of the files from the ~/lisp/slime directory
as "unregistered".  Obviously, I would prefer to use the hg backend
for the ~/lisp/slime directory.

On the other hand: if I open a file in ~/lisp/slime the modeline
correctly displays hg and commands like C-x v l or C-x v = correctly 
use the hg backend.

Helmut.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
 of 2009-07-10 on ix
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10402000
configured using `configure  '--with-xpm=no' '--with-gif=no' '--with-tiff=no' '--with-sound=no''