Subject: bug#38053: 27.0.50; base64url-encode-region

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 22:52:32 -0500

The command name base64url-encode-region causes completion
inconvenience.  I am accustomed to typing base SPC dec RET
and now it does not work.

That name seems strange anyway.

Would you please rename it to base64-url-encode-region?

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.30)
 of 2019-10-02 built on freetop
Repository revision: 77207ca84184fc01428154c318b21c70ad150c01
Repository branch: master
System Description: Trisquel GNU/Linux Flidas (8.0)

Recent messages:
mouse-2, RET: Toggle show/hide
Confirm encryption? (y or n) y
Showing message 178...done
Decrypting...done
Replace the original message? (y or n) y
Mark set
Saved text from "iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAB6gAAAR8CAMAAAAX"
Mark set
Making completion list...
Quit

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0' --with-gnutls=ifavailable'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug jka-compr help-fns radix-tree etags fileloop
generator xref project pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu make-mode battery
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
cl-extra parse-time iso8601 vc-cvs mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url
gnus nnheader wid-edit url-queue url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history mailcap color js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
sgml-mode epa-mail dired-aux rmailkwd dabbrev misearch multi-isearch
shell pcomplete thingatpt grep ispell quail help-mode rmailout
rmailsum mailalias sendmail shr url-cookie url-domsuf url-util svg xml
dom qp rmailmm message rmc puny format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231
rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs t-mouse term/linux view derived paren
cus-start cus-load advice finder-inf package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile compile comint ansi-color ring cconv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 515561 74189)
 (symbols 48 17782 2)
 (strings 32 73881 12113)
 (string-bytes 1 4271539)
 (vectors 16 38808)
 (vector-slots 8 1215705 156984)
 (floats 8 756 348)
 (intervals 56 108496 3829)
 (buffers 1000 164)
 (heap 1024 36445 2016))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)