Subject: Re: bug#38044: 27.0.50; There should be an easier way to look at a specific vc commit

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:13:44 +0200

> From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 10:25:15 +0100
> 
> I find even just typing one C-u less convenient, hence my suggestion
> below, which I'm glad you find worth considering.
> 
> >> Since one of the desiderata of this command, perhaps even the main
> >> one, is that it should act on the revision ID at point, how about
> >> making just `C-x v L' do that if it recognizes the word at point as
> >> a revision ID?
> >
> > We could do that, yes.
> >
> >> If this is deemed to unreliable, it could be conditioned by a user
> >> option, or perhaps (though more annoying) by asking for
> >> confirmation.
> >
> > Fine with me, assuming the rest of the proposal is accepted.

Btw, in the above scenario, I guess it would be more convenient if the
revision was displayed in "the other" window, so that the user could
continue reading/studying whatever he/she was looking at before
invoking the command, is that right?